Monday, September 29, 2014

I intensely dislike lying - aka what a relief that 'work' now knows I'm jetting

I had the conversation with my bosses last Thursday.
I didn't get firm no, and neither did I get a hell yes.
I asked for a sabbatical.

By asking, what I got was the opportunity to be brave.
It's the difference between 'need' and 'want'.
In my heart, I had nothing to lose. In my head I had to ask.
It's a great skill to be able to look at my 'ask' from the business perspective.

In not saying yes and not saying no, I am FREE.
I don't have any guilt, any reluctance to do the things that I want, in the order that I want, and if that means not setting an alarm to come back...

Well that sounds gorgeous.
Gorgeous like mountains, and Tango and ceviche, and Malbec.

-Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment