Saturday, September 27, 2014

Saying your piece

I'm processing a break-up. It happened a year ago.
I think that I just got healthy enough in my head to actually look at what happened. And that's a whole thing.

It's what my actions were.
Where they came from - where in my history has taught me how to do/communicate/express myself like that.
I'm also looking at what I was feeling.
What I need now.

I needed to say my piece to him.
I acknowledged my part.
Expressed some anger about where I hurt, and what part I felt that he contributed to - both knowingly and unknowingly.

I feel clear.
I don't feel any shame.
I don't feel the burn of being abandoned and let down.

I know what to expect.
I know my place - even if that place is no place near.


I am Grace. I am Bold. I am Compassion.
I learned a lot.

-Rachel



1 comment:

  1. I learned a lot.
    What doesn't kill you will make you stronger. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete