Monday, October 13, 2014

90's kid quiz



Who remembers this?

Full House flashback.

On the upside, it's a funny little, albeit trite, kind of phrase.

But it makes me think about how relationships flex, get put on ice, or break.
And all of that is fine.

The internet says that it's how life goes.
Most of my previous relationship ebbs and flows felt like they happened to me. Right now I feel like I have a choice. Whoa. Crazy right.

Last night, I sat in on a lecture by author Steven Pinker. He is a socio-linguist, and cognitive psychologist. Listening to him, I geeked out about the brain, language, and why we do what we do. Anyway, he talked about how to be a better writer. We're all guilty of a particular bias in our writing - and I think in our thinking - where we assume that when we learn a piece of information, that everyone else must know that information, or that it was/is something easy to learn.

Sometimes I think you hear things, at a specific time, and it helps you to put things together.

Maybe everyone else knew that you had a choice - but my choice is new to me.
So, now I get to 'cut. it. out.'

-Rachel




No comments:

Post a Comment