Sunday, October 12, 2014

Chasing the New

I've got a thing for new things.
I'm not good with routine, or repetition or as it flows through my brain - monotony.

I like 'new' things. Love new things.
Today I did new things. Yesterday I did new things. I'm planning new things. Everything is so new!

Today I biked to St. Paul - 12 miles there. (so many hills - gah)
I ate at a new-to-me Vietnamese restaurant, and rode the new Green Line LRT line.
Total miles biked today - 21.3 miles. And I feel good. Really good.

I told everyone on FB (so you know practically the world) that I'm jetting. No secret work list that didn't make the status update. And that feels really good as well. Lighter. It feels more real, even though I have less than anything actually planned.

As scared as I am, I have to say that I'm taking comfort in the fact that it's all new.

-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment