Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Expanding Horizons: Looking for Enlightenment

BUDDHISM


I'm interested in meditation. A little interest piqued here and there. Although I've never really been interested in religion per se.

So in the interest of broadening my perspective, I attended Common Ground meditation center twice last week. 
It was wonderful!


I recently read a piece about finding your 'church', but in the sense that if you don't practice religion, you can still have a place where you feel connected, whole, in the groove. Read the piece here.

The center has a great community to help build a practice. Unfortunately, I won't be here to participate in their young adult groups, or the group practices every Weds/Sun. Mark, the lead teacher for the sessions that I attended suggested a couple of websites to help me find centers and practice groups in South America.
If you're interested in finding a center near you take a look at:

Buddhanet.net and their World Buddhist Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment