Friday, October 10, 2014

I ain't got no troubles (or a firm grasp of grammar)

I've been depressed. Straight up, dark days and crying in public kind of depressed. I broke my thinking patterns down, went back 29 years, and now I'm in the process of building something that is equally me, but healthier.

Healthier means more sustainable. Kinder. Patient. Compassionate. Particularly towards myself. Match what 'I know' to what 'I feel'. Whew - that shit is hard.

I've been depressed. Not in a sad - this too shall pass kind of way, but instead where I needed help. I didn't have everything that I needed in me to do this by myself. I needed help. I have strength, and I have the belief that I can be all parts of myself.
I've been depressed.
That doesn't define me.
I'm many things.

I'm a happy person, that has been getting in her own way.

-Rachel

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there girl. You are something special. You are confident, smart, funny and sarcastic, beautiful and full of adventure and life. Embrace yourself, love you and forgive everyone for your sake....not theirs! You are a rocket. Blast off!

    ReplyDelete