Thursday, October 16, 2014

I love the title of this blog article - How to Happen to the Hottest Guy In the Room

I stumbled upon this article - How to Happen to the Hottest Guy In the Room

What I took away was the part where I get to 'happen' to someone!
Sounds cheesy but I like the idea of finding enough value in myself, that someone would want the 'Rachel Experience'.

Makes me giddy.

Here's how you 'happen'. You can read the article or I can simply summarize it for you below.


  • Make eyes. Make eyes and smile while your eyes are made.
  • Get within range. Not shouting distance, and not too close. But close enough so they can see your shoes.
  • Then start talking to someone by them. And sound interesting, and approachable and happy. Take this chance to smile or make more eyes.
  • Notice them. 'Oh, hi. Didn't see you there'. Shake their hand. Ask a question. 
  • Engage. You're an experience darling! Open up, and ask things that genuinely interest you, but remember that you are approachable, and you have nothing to prove. Have fun, and meet a new person. Listen more than you talk.
  • Try to make contact. No, just make contact. Shake a hand. Or touch an arm. This isn't an assault, it's about being comfortable. 
  • And now it's time to part ways. Or let them convince you to stay. Either way. You have the opportunity to see what's what. Even something along the lines of 'Well, I've kept you to myself long enough...I'll let you get back to your friends, and I'll grab a drink/coffee/breath of fresh air.

Go happen everyone.
-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment